Winter

2012

My Blog List

Followers

6 February 2012

The Intervener? (continued)

For some reason, this past Christmas was the first Christmas in many years that I was able to embrace the season without any bondage or bitterness tangled around my heart.  I found myself putting up our tree and throwin in the carol CD's long before December was even in sight.  This year was just different and every ounce of the amazing Christmas story seemed to seep it's way into my core.


As mentioned in an earlier post, the Chris Tomlin christmas album (Glory in The Highest) was in my car and on repeat!  And one regular morning as I drove to work the song Emmanuel came on and as I sang along with the first two verses these words leapt out at me and the Spirit of God filled the car.

             What hope we hold this starlit night, a King is born in Bethlehem
             Our journey long, we seek the light that leads to the hallowed manger ground

             What fear we felt in the silent age, four hundred years; can He be found
             BUT broken by a 'baby's cry', Rejoice in the hallowed manger ground

I instantly felt goosebumps come over me as I sat there, with tears running down my cheeks.   It was as though I had been transported back in time to the manger scene and into an utter dark silence representing a world locked in sin and pain...and then, a small yet shocking sound of a solitary babies cry broke forth into the darkness....tearing it in two.  

Can you imagine the sudden awakening of all creation, rising out of their slumber and standing at attention...in awe of this, this Saviour?  Can you understand why the heavenly hosts would've broke into a thousand chorus of GLORIA?  In that moment, the Son of God (Emmanuel) came down to earth and in an instance...life as we know it was changed forever.  He came to fight on our behalf, to bring light into this world that told us that there was no hope.

And as I drove to work, I was hit with this sudden and poignant truth...He did INTERVENE. 

I had been waiting all this time for God to intervene on my behalf and do a miracle, but I was outlining what it was to look like.  I was sitting in the driver's seat once again trying to dictate how GOD should do what I wanted, and give to me what I felt I needed...instead of letting go, and being content in Him.  I was too busy looking for the ways that He was intervening in the lives of those around me to realize that not all interventions by God are 'Happy Miracles'.  When God moves in our lives, it is not with the intention to make us happy, but instead to make us whole.  And often His sole purpose is to teach us that only He can satisfy.



2 comments:

wow, mel. im a fan of what God is saying through you and doing in you. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mel for opening your heart and sharing this. I can't begin to tell you how much I needed to read this right at this moment <3

Post a Comment