Winter

2012

My Blog List

Followers

27 January 2012

Oh My Soul...


There is something special about the human soul.  Although there are many opinions as to what the soul actually entails or represents....most people recognize that there is something within each of us that makes us who we are, that makes us human.

I believe that my soul is a gift.  I believe that my soul was created long before it was placed within this body of mine and that it was hand crafted and shaped and given life by the Creator of all Life.  I have no doubt of this.  

Part of my journey has been the long and seemingly unending path of unexplained infertility.  As is with most struggles in our lives...those that we cannot explain, understand or give a why explanation too can sometimes seem the most despairing.  Things like unexpected cancer in a newborn, or a sudden loss of a loved one can lead to a downward spiral of anger, bitterness and depression that even the strongest people cannot control.  In the midst of my pain and questions I remember finding a peace in the fact that although my heart was broken, and my spirit was laid bare,....my soul remained connected to the Creator, the giver of life.  My soul continued to glorify the Lord.  It seemed to have no choice but to do so.  It was as though my soul belonged to the Lord and even my pain and anguish could not separate it from Him.

I have been listening to the christmas album of Chris Tomlin's since November...at least, and I just can't seem to stop.  One of the songs that he has written on this particular album as a chorus that goes like this...

                 " My soul, my soul magnifies the Lord, my soul magnifies the Lord...
                                     for He has done great things for me, GREAT things for me! "


As I listen to this song and sing along, my spirit rises from within me and my heart rejoices with an overflow of God's truth....that HE IS GOOD and He has done GREAT things for me.  Not just for those around me, but for me too.  

I have not always felt this way, nor could I have sang this song even 3 years ago....but I believe that there is 
                                a time to grieve .... and a time to rejoice
                                a time to cry ..........and a time to smile
                                a time for death ..... and a time for LIFE
                                       and a time for the SOUL to SING.

This is a new song by Tim Hughes (Ecclesiastes)...and it says it all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment